Steve can teach these courses onsite at your organization
Click the button under a course to view the detailed description
Data Modeling Master Class
The Master Class is a complete data modeling course, containing three days of practical techniques for producing conceptual, logical, and physical relational and dimensional and NoSQL data models. After learning the styles and steps in capturing and modeling requirements, you will apply a best practices approach to building and validating data models through the Data Model Scorecard®. You will know not just how to build a data model, but how to build a data model well. Two case studies and many exercises reinforce the material and will enable you to apply these techniques in your current projects.View the Full Course Description
Advanced Data Modeling Challenges Workshop
Do you already know data modeling and want more? Take the Advanced Data Modeling Challenges Workshop! This two-day course will sharpen your data modeling skills by having you tackle over 20 data modeling exercises. The exercises are based on actual assignments, each containing essential data modeling tips and techniques.
NoSQL Training Week for Data Architects, Data Modelers, & Data Scientists
The goal of this five-day class is to provide you with hands-on experience with various NoSQL databases and products in an educational (not sales) environment, so that you can help projects decide on the best database for their particular needs, without incurring support, integration, and security costs.
- "Thanks again for such an excellent opportunity to participate in this master class, it was extraordinary! The coverage of data modeling, the pace, the content, the interaction with you and the class, all of it was just awesome!"S. JohnsonU.S. Dept. of Energy
- "Having never done data modeling before, I can now say, I am excited about implementing the skills I’ve learned."L. FelderJohns Hopkins HealthCare
- "Truly enjoyed this class even though I have been modeling databases for 24 years. Thought the baseball and concentration metaphors were interesting."M. AustinWells Fargo
- "Every participant was at a different level of knowledge and everyone learned from the class."S. SlivovaGen Re - A Berkshire Hathaway Company
- "This was the most comprehensive, informative, energetic, interesting and just plain FUN class I have ever taken on the subject of Data Modeling."G. WernerLong Island Railroad
- "An excellent course with focus on the basics. I can only imagine the effort that went into developing this course. Lucky that I happened to find it."R. SampathDeloitte